Okay, so Camdon's birth was not quite what we had expected. We went in for a 39 week induction on Friday (the 18th) in the early morning. Everything was going just fine, they got me all hooked up, started the drugs and I began contracting like normal. I was checked and was barely at a 3. His head was down--but still really high so they decided to get the epidural going before breaking my water to get him to drop down.
So, after my epidural was in my midwife came in to break my water. At this time it was probably about 2 p.m. in the afternoon. She checked me and kept saying, "huh." That's just never a good sign. Apparently our little boy had decided to flip over into a breech position since the last time I was checked. So, they pulled out the ultrasound machine and sure enough, he had moved. The next 10 hours or so were the most frustrating because we just sat around waiting for the doctor to come try and turn him. Unfortunately, the midwife can't perform a version so we just waited and waited...
When the doctor finally was able to come in and perform the version--it wasn't successful and we were taken in for a C-section at 1:00 a.m. Saturday morning. I was not happy about having a c-section--probably mostly because I have never had one and I was scared about someone cutting me open (totally irrational, right???). Anyway, everything seemed to go as it should (or so I'm told) and Camdon made his appearance at 1:23 a.m. February 19th.
2 comments:
Cuuute!!!
He's a cutie! I don't know if David passed this on but we would love to help with anything you guys might still need. Dinner; watch the kids; anything so let us know! Natalie Russell
Post a Comment